Flavors from the Wolverine state fill your plate in this salad.
Eat Michigan Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 heads butter lettuce rinsed and torn
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 Granny Smith apples cored and cut into matchsticks
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 3 ounces toasted pecans chopped
In a blender, add the mayonnaise, maple syrup, vinegar, and sugar. Blend on low speed. Slowly add vegetable oil while mixing. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large bowl, add remaining ingredients. Lightly dress the salad, and serve the rest of the dressing on the side.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com Recipe by: Saveur
I couldn't resist adding the cook's comments to this: