So many fall flavors on a little piece of toast, you won’t be able to eat just one!
- 1 sourdough baguette sliced 1/4″ thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts chopped
Sauté onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add apple and maple syrup, then cook for about five minutes. Remove from heat.
Top bread with remaining olive oil. Broil until golden, watching carefully so they don't burn!
In a small bowl, stir together cherries, horseradish and blue cheese. Spoon on toasts. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
Adapted from an original recipe by Noble Pig