Crispy outside, tender and juicy inside.
Crispy Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls split
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves tomato and pickle slices, and mayonnaise
Combine flour, salt and pepper in first bowl. Place lightly beaten egg in second bowl. Mix seasoned bread crumbs and panko in a third bowl.
Cut tenderloin into four slices, then pound each with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Line up the three bowls, and dip tenderloin in flour mixture to coat both sides. Next, dip in egg, then in bread crumbs.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Move pork slices to a paper towel. Serve in buns with desired toppings (lettuce, tomato, pickle are most common).
Adapted from Taste of Home.